- 8 eggs
- 1 medium yellow onion, cut lengthwise
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut in ½-inch diagonal slices
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 6 to 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 2 to 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 5 oz goat cheese
- black pepper to taste
- pea shoots
(preheat oven to 450F)
- Melt butter and add 2 tbsp of olive oil to a medium-heat oven-proof (cast iron) skillet. Add onions to pan and sauté until translucent and remove from pan. Add mushrooms to pan, cooking until mushrooms start to turn golden brown and remove from pan. Add asparagus and sauté about 3 minutes and then add garlic and ground black pepper.
- In a large bowl, beat 8 eggs until well mixed. Add goat cheese and beat until goat cheese appears as small lumps in the egg mixture.
- Add back onions and mushrooms to asparagus mixture and stir. Pour eggs over vegetables in the pan. Simmer until bubbles start to appear. Place pan in oven until top puffs and is turning golden brown. Approximately 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with pea shoots.
Servings: 4 - 6