Pina Colada Thai Crepes
With Mascarpone, Butter Rum
Maple Syrup, Toasted Coconut
- ½-cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- ½-cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp. cane sugar
- ½-tsp. sea salt
- 1 ½-cup whole milk
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup (8 oz.) mascarpone
- 1 tbsp. orange zest
- 1 tbsp. orange juice
- 2 tbsp. honey
- dash of cardamom
- dash of salt
Butter Rum Maple Syrup
1 cup maple syrup
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp rum
In a small pan, heat syrup and butter, stirring till butter melts.
Add rum and stir well. Serve hot over pancakes.
- 1 8-ounce can crushed pineapple
- ½-cup shredded coconut
- Make crepes ahead of time. Add crepe ingredients into a blender and blend for 30 seconds or until evenly combined. Scrape down sides if necessary. Allow batter to sit for at least 15 minutes or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Once warmed, add a tiny bit of butter to the surface. It should bubble and brown quickly which will impart a nice colour to your crepes. Pour a little less than 1/3-cup of batter onto the skillet using an ice cream scoop or measuring cup. The crepe should be thin. Slowly tilt the pan in a circular motion to move the batter around the pan. Once batter stops moving, place back on the burner.
- Cook crepes for 2 minutes. Using a thin spatula (along with your fingers) flip the crepe and cook for another minute longer. Stack crepes on a plate and repeat.
- Make filling. In a bowl, add the filling ingredients and stir until combined with a spoon or spatula. Do not overbeat the mascarpone!
- Serve crepes warm. Fill with a small dollop of mascarpone. Fold over twice. Top with pineapple, butter rum maple syrup and sprinkle with toasted coconut.