Photo via Pexels
Buying a home during the pandemic may look a little different than normal, but it’s far from impossible. There are plenty of digital tools that make house hunting possible while social distancing. From online guides to virtual home tours, take advantage of all the digital resources that are available to make your house-hunting process as smooth as possible.
The tips listed below are a good place to start!
Your First Steps
Before you get too far into house hunting, take some time to learn about the process, find a great real estate agent, and get pre-approved for a mortgage.
- Decide where you want to live. Online guides can help you weigh the factors that matter most to you.
- Learn what to expect when buying a home in the pandemic era.
- Work with local real estate pros like The Saunders Tremblay Realty Team, who can help you navigate the real estate market during the pandemic.
- Be prepared to meet stricter lending requirements before applying for your mortgage.
Advancements in real estate technology have made it easy for homebuyers to view 3D home tours and video walkthroughs from the safety of their couch.
- Look for listings with 3D home tours so you can explore properties without coming into contact with anyone.
- If you’ve scheduled a video tour of a property, ask for the floor plan of the home so you can get a sense of the layout before your tour.
- Don’t forget to ask your real estate agent to take their camera outside so you can evaluate the home’s exterior features.
How to Buy a Home Without Seeing It in Person
Buying a home without stepping foot inside can feel a little intimidating. Make sure you get all the information you need to make an informed purchase.
- Ask questions about key points you would normally be able to evaluate yourself on an in-person home tour.
- Thoroughly research the neighborhood and surrounding area online.
- Find a reputable home inspector to inspect the home before you close your sale.
- Include contingencies in your home purchase contract so you can back out of the sale if issues come up.
While house hunting online might not be ideal, digital real estate tools and online buying resources make it a lot easier for buyers to make informed decisions while social distancing. There's no reason to put your home-buying plans on hold until the pandemic blows over. Take advantage of all the technology that is available to you!
Are you looking to buy a home in the Kitchener-Waterloo area? Contact your local Kitchener-Waterloo Real Estate team today for help finding your dream home during the pandemic!