Mango Golden Milk Ice Cream
Posted by 1 year ago. (Back to all articles...)
1 can (14 oz) full fat coconut milk
1 carton coconut cream (Let's Do Organic makes an additive free version)
OR 2 cans of coconut milk
1” piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
Pinch sea salt
3 tsp ground turmeric
1/16 tsp ground black pepper
½ tsp ground Ceylon cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp vanilla powder (optional)
4 cups frozen mango chunks
1/8 -1/4 cup maple syrup (optional, to taste)
optional: additional ginger or a dash of cayenne to kick it up a notch.Instructions:
- If using an ice cream maker, be sure to place your churning bowl in the freezer the night before to properly chill.
- Over medium low heat combine coconut milk, ginger, sea salt and spices in a medium saucepan, whisking to combine.
- When well combined and steaming, but not boiling, remove from heat and add vanilla extract and vanilla powder, if using.
- Add maple syrup, or adjust other flavours to suit your preference.
- To the bowl of a powerful blender, add frozen mango chunks and coconut milk mixture.
- Blend until smooth and no chunks remain.
- Add mango mixture to the ice cream maker and churn until it resembles soft serve, usually 20 – 30 minutes.
- Transfer to a freezer safe container, cover and freeze for 4 – 6 hours, or until firm.
- Set out for about 10 minutes before serving to allow ice cream to soften for easy scooping.
- This ice cream will keep well in the freezer for a couple of weeks.
- If you do not have an ice cream maker you can simply freeze the mixture, it will be a bit denser but still delicious!
Questions or Comments? Email Me Today!