Today I saw a man who was selling poppies, stop a lady, and asked if he could re position her poppy.
While doing so he told that lady she should wear the poppy on their left side;
the red represents the blood of all those who gave their lives,
The black represents the mourning of those who didn't have their loved ones return home,
and the green leaf represents the grass and crops growing and future prosperity after the war destroyed so much.
The leaf should be positioned at 11 o'clock to represent the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month,
the time that World War I was formally ended.
He was worried that younger generations wouldn't understand this and his generation wouldn't be around for much longer to teach them.
"We must remember those from our current wars too!"
Please pass this knowledge on to those who don't know the meaning of the Poppy!
Lest we forget..........
- A Brand New Beginning...Happy New Year!
- Happy Valentine's Day to our Cherished Clients!
- Move in the right direction with The Saunders Tremblay Realty Team!
- Wishing you a Happy Easter from The Saunders Tremblay Realty Team!
- Look at the K-W Spring Real Estate Market!
- You could win 10K with RE/MAX? Canada's Sale Away Contest!
- Celebrate summer in Canada!
- Thinking of buying or selling real estate in Kitchener-Waterloo?
- House hunting in Kitchener-Waterloo this fall?
- Hats off to Kitchener-Waterloo Oktoberfest 2022!
- Lest We Forget
- Happy Holidays!